To succeed in business today requires the ability to effectively exercise influence skills with stakeholders at all levels of an organization, with or without the use of authority.
This Influence Skills Training session was designed to provide participants with the skills, behaviours and influence strategies to gain commitment from others and foster collaboration. The process involves assessing key stakeholder needs and adjusting ones’ approach to generate buy-in, enhance trust, overcome resistance and develop cooperative working relationships.
- Conduct a self-assessment to identify your current strategies for exercising influence
- Identify the influencing power bases available to you and develop a plan to leverage areas of strength and improve on development opportunities
- Demonstrate communication and interpersonal skills to build supportive relationships
- Implement techniques to frame goals on common ground and develop greater levels of buy-in
- Deal effectively with challenging behaviours to overcome resistance and inertia in others
- Practice a 5-step influencing skills model to generate support for an area in which you are currently trying to exercise influence
- Develop an action plan to achieve your personal influencing goal
Who Should Attend:
Managers, project managers and individual contributors who rely on influence rather than authority to achieve their goals.