The most effective leaders today are those who know how to coach. To increase return on investment and achieve optimal productivity, employees need to function at their very best. Coaching is the dynamic and interactive process of assisting others in reaching their goals. It involves unlocking a person’s potential to maximize his or her own performance.
This Coaching skills training session is designed to provide participants with the tools and support to effectively develop the potential of their employees, peers and others. Through practical exercises and role-plays, participants will practice proven coaching techniques that result in superior performance.
- Recognize how and when to provide effective feedback and coaching
- Provide meaningful positive and constructive feedback using a four step model that focuses on observable behaviours, thoughts, feelings and desired results
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills to develop supportive coaching relationships
- Recognize the three types of coaching opportunities
- Implement a five step model for handling resistance and managing through challenging reactions to coaching and feedback
- Apply a coaching model that helps plan, engage and follow up on coaching conversations
- Employ techniques that involve employees in the coaching conversation to gain their commitment, generate alternative solutions and create a plan of action
Who Should Attend:
Managers, new and experienced leaders or coaches, and anyone interested in helping others reach their potential.