Diane Locke is a seasoned talent management professional with over twenty years of leadership development experience including executive coaching, assessment, consulting, team facilitation and training.
Diane is currently the managing partner at Ellis Locke & Associates, a talent management consulting firm specializing in Executive Assessment, 360 Degree Feedback, Executive Coaching and Training and Development. Her client list includes a broad range of organizations in the public and private sectors. Prior to her consulting career, Diane created and led the Leadership Effectiveness Department at American Express, where she was responsible for leadership development, internal coaching, employee engagement, and communication. In addition, she has worked as a Leadership Development Specialist at Scotiabank, and has done associate work with a prominent human resource consulting firm.
The coaching services Diane provides are customized to recognize the unique qualities of the individuals she is coaching. Using a selection of assessment tools, she works with clients to understand their behaviours, values, motivators, personal attributes and talents. She supports them as they evaluate their current reality and clarify their personal and professional goals.
Integrating proven techniques for change with behavioural knowledge and practical experience, she helps clients break down barriers and achieve greater levels of accomplishment. The purpose of this approach is to create an environment for individual growth, purposeful action, and sustained improvement.
Diane is an ICF Accredited Professional Certified Coach who obtained her Certificate in Executive Coaching from Royal Roads University. She obtained her M.A. in Psychology from the Adler School of Professional Psychology and also holds an Honours Bachelor of Business Administration from Wilfrid Laurier University.
She is certified to administer and interpret several assessment instruments including the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, the Birkman and the Herrmann Brain Dominance Indicator. Diane is a member of the faculty at Queen’s University IRC and the Schulich Executive Education Centre. She is an invited speaker and facilitator at various conferences and a member of several professional associations.
Diane has helped executives and their teams by:
• Coaching executives to put in place strategies to overcome obstacles and achieve measurable progress towards their desired goals.
• Designing and implementing 360 degree feedback programs in order to support leaders in the creation of well informed development plans to leverage strengths and address opportunities for improvement.
• Conducting executive assessments to help inform selection decisions and put in place development plans to assist with on-boarding.
• Designing and facilitating team events and coaching to develop working agreements and improve team functioning and performance.
• Developing and implementing assessment strategies to identify high potential talent and put in place development plans to support their career growth.